Philippine Mountainbiking Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going SS - but I don't have the right :(

+7
jaymz
vwbeetle
Tolits
dirtyjane
brusko
32by18
boyschoir
11 posters

Go down

Going SS - but I don't have the right :( Empty Going SS - but I don't have the right :(

Post by boyschoir Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:01 pm

SS riders,

I've been thinking of going SS but as a 2nd bike. Tho I would like to ask since I'm not that strong of a biker, how fun is it, really?

I've tried Agu's Voodoo Zaka and the first thing I felt was it's simplicity on the pedal. Funny as it may sound, that was just around the village! No clutter on the handlebar was the 2nd thing i noticed. I frequent Maarat and going SS on that trail is pretty scary for me.

Do you suggest I go for it?

Thanks in advance!

boyschoir
Shy type
Shy type

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Going SS - but I don't have the right :( Empty Re: Going SS - but I don't have the right :(

Post by 32by18 Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Just do it.

If you don't like it, you can always switch back to gears.

But I have a feeling you'll get the bug hehe
32by18
32by18
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Going SS - but I don't have the right :( Empty Re: Going SS - but I don't have the right :(

Post by brusko Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 pm

It grows on you, like every other discipline.
brusko
brusko
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 2868
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtyjane Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:28 pm

go for it! nakakaadik mag ss. im not a strong rider going uphill kaya 32x21 gear ko. masarap mag ss, i cant explain why pero masaya talaga kahit iwan ka sa patag. masarap din un feeling when you crest a steep hill that you have never crested on a geared bike.
dirtyjane
dirtyjane
Shy type
Shy type

Male Number of posts : 22
Humor : eat my shorts
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolits Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:46 pm

go zaka! oops! di yata magandang pakingan ah. hehe! Smile

yup, ang gandang frame nyan...mangangarap na lang ako.
Tolits
Tolits
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 2436
Humor : are we good?

Back to top Go down

Post by vwbeetle Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:43 pm

sino lang ba may karapatan mag-SS? Smile kinakabahan ako baka wala din akong karapatan ah ...

banat lang...ano ba pakelam nila
vwbeetle
vwbeetle
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 229
Humor : old school
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaymz Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:47 pm

brusko wrote:It grows on you, like every other discipline.

nampootaw! ayaw ko tubuan ng bike ang katawan ko oy! What a Face

basta ba may spare parts lying around ka... may K ka bumuo ng SS...
di naman kailangan super-duper hi-end ang SS..
basta ba naipapadyak... oks na yan! same as other bike... drunken
jaymz
jaymz
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 3072

Back to top Go down

Post by 32by18 Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:54 pm

as Hans Rey said to us, "As long as you love riding your bike"

That's what matters.

Boyschoir, JUST DO IT.

Tolits - may parating na Zaka in a few months...Wink

@vwbeetle -Tama yan. Banat lang. It's not the bike!
32by18
32by18
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by boyschoir Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:05 pm

ayus! ang dami ko ng resbak!

walang iwanan ha!

salamat sa mga reply! will post a pic soon Very Happy

boyschoir
Shy type
Shy type

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by duckel Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 pm

oi papa bj akin na lang yung mga geared components mo!!!! sa SS walang mahina at walang malakas.. pag naka sakay ka na at nasa taas ka na ng timberland no choice kung di mag bike hehehe sayang ang get up tapos uuwi ka lang kasi di kaya......
duckel
duckel
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 1820
Humor : babaero daw ako

http://www.pinoymtbiker.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 32by18 Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 am

Boyschoir just did it:

Going SS - but I don't have the right :( 26042011

Alam na!
32by18
32by18
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolits Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 am

i just hope he'll be singing hosanas and alleluiahs for his SS afterwards Very Happy

congrats!
Tolits
Tolits
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 2436
Humor : are we good?

Back to top Go down

Post by 32by18 Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Tolits wrote:i just hope he'll be singing hosanas and alleluiahs for his SS afterwards Very Happy

congrats!

Haha! Fittingly, this photo was shot outside the church sa Army Camp
32by18
32by18
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by wcoastbo Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Sometimes it takes time to acquire the taste for SS. You may not enjoy it fully the first ride or even after several rides. As you get stronger it's guaranteed you'll love SS. It's also possible you'll be hooked after the first ride like many of us were. If you make the commitment to SS you will be rewarded by climbing sections you thought were impossible.

wcoastbo
Shy type
Shy type

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Schwinng Fri May 01, 2009 5:32 am

I tried SSing over 8 years ago. I actually rarely ride my SS now. But whenever I do, I feel like I hadn't stopped. I don't know if anyone has had the same experience, but riding a SS specific bike exclusively might "limit" you in terms of power. In my opinion, I think riding a road bike or your geared mtb might be more beneficial in improving your overall power, just because you could use bigger gears. Whenever I do use my SS (32x16), hills that used to be impossible to climb are doable now. That's my experience, and I also think that parts such as bars (flat vs. riser vs. mary), forks (suspension vs. rigid) has no bearing at all to better riding than say just plain riding. Just ride and the power will improve. Don't be exclusive, spinning an easier gear once in a while is more beneficial than you think same goes with hammering on your big rings--road or mtb. They go hand in hand, SS riding will improve spinning and riding a geared bike will improve your SS power. Just ride and mix it up and the possibilities are "limit"less.
Schwinng
Schwinng
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bowie Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Ako rin walang "k" nung nag single speed ako... Pero masarap pala! go figure! As long as you ride! bounce
bowie
bowie
Shy type
Shy type

Male Number of posts : 21
Humor : sarcastic; dry; slow ako e.
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum