Philippine Mountainbiking Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tuning the rebound adjust

+3
paulbaguio
evs
righteous one
7 posters

Go down

tuning the rebound adjust Empty tuning the rebound adjust

Post by righteous one Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:17 am

how can i know if i set the rebound adjust right and how slow?
tia dh gurus.
righteous one
righteous one
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 228
Humor : FaFa 0014083727064, nagpalit na ko ng number, BELAT :)
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

tuning the rebound adjust Empty Re: tuning the rebound adjust

Post by evs Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 am

not too slow, not too fast.. actual test ride doon mo madetermined kung tama yong settings mo s rebound both front & rear.. kunin mo yong smoothness feel..

s rear shox.. eliminate mo yong parang eh kick forward ka or masyadong lubog na feeling.. pls consider also the air intake taht u put s shox likewise if ever ur using coil spring.. should be with in ur weight..

s front shox.. when u lean forward eto ung tipong ndi k ididiretso ng fork mo all the way.. adjust rebound.. compression wag masyado sobra n feeling matigas n magcoz ng arm pump..

isipin mo lng ang bike mo ay kama n may orthopedic matt.. pagbinato mo sarili mo dyan eh salo ka.. ganun dapat ang settings mo s mga suspension..

Last edited by evs on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
evs
evs
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by righteous one Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 am

thanks sir jong. Very Happy
righteous one
righteous one
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by paulbaguio Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 am

tama, test ride mo talaga. then adjust then check. get the feel kunmbaga.
paulbaguio
paulbaguio
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 502
Humor : Me
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by angelob Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:13 am

My general preference.

Trail is full of stutter bumps, as in gravel to rocky yung terrain, i set it fully open

Trail is full of medium size bumps, half open/close

Trail is smooth, doesn't matter

HTH Very Happy
angelob
angelob
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ATO Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am

im no expert on the field...but this where i start..

rear shock....3 clicks to positive...then try out mo sa terrain, adjust if you feel it bumpy...

fork....start with 2 clicks to positive (ramdam mo na agad yung pagkakaiba, yung stairs parang feeling mo patag na, of course depende sa speed bombing down)
ATO
ATO
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by righteous one Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:34 pm

thanks guys...

@ ATO.
Thanks, bro.
Can't wait to test ride my new rear spring on the trails, dun ko na lang i aadjust the rebound.
Still waiting for the replacement hanger/dropout from the UK. sigh.

Very Happy
righteous one
righteous one
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by angelob Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:38 pm

ATO wrote:im no expert on the field...but this where i start..

rear shock....3 clicks to positive...then try out mo sa terrain, adjust if you feel it bumpy...

fork....start with 2 clicks to positive (ramdam mo na agad yung pagkakaiba, yung stairs parang feeling mo patag na, of course depende sa speed bombing down)

Patay, yung revelation ko walang clicks Razz
angelob
angelob
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by ATO Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm

angelob wrote:

paps,

tsuri, RC2 system yung binabangit ko. im not sure kung pag RS is floodgate yun. kung wla nman im not sure kung sa iba is just the preload (spring or air).

anyway, it all bombs down to your preference, the discipline / riding style and of course the terrain you're going to ride on. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ATO
ATO
Poser
Poser

Male Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted_Stormer Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 pm

righteous one wrote:how can i know if i set the rebound adjust right and how slow?
tia dh gurus.

There are 12 clicks for a fox fork and about 8 clicks on an rp23 shock for adjustment on the rebound. Take note this is from my rig, I am not sure if other fox fork/shock have the same number of clicks for rebound. When I started out, I went midway between the clicks and i took it from there, i.e fork: 6, shock 4. I am assuming also that you already have set your sag on both front and rear suspension. Here's a tip, that I hope would really help. Have a notebook that would record your settings. You jot down notes on your settings. What i do whenever I make an adjustment I take note of the following: Air pressure on the shock/fork and the number of clicks (whether + or -) and I put the date on when I changed these settings, so that I can have a baseline if ever I screw up. It takes a lot of patience though, when I make adjustments or bleed out air from my shocks/fork, I do it incrementally. One click at a time (either way) or 5 to 10 psi (more or less) for the shocks/fork then I take a ride. I skip the temptation of changing the settings until i finish the ride that way I can have a better understanding of how my rig reacts when I change a setting or two. Take notes too, describing the feeling of your rig at that particular setting so that you can dial in the closest ideal setting for the terrain you ride on. I don't know if some folks are like me, I have particular settings for a particular trail I am riding on, and that notebook really helps me identify it. Saves me the trouble of dialling it correctly. But I must admit, I am getting tired of adjusting everything so I have also a general setting for all the trails I am riding on....complicated? You bet...then again it all boils down to what the boys have said here: it depends on how you ride and the type of terrain you are generally going to ride on.
I think all of guys have experienced this: one or two of your buddies will tinker with your settings saying this and that and make the mistake of compressing your fork with their arms or sitting on your rig and try to rock the bike, and say, that's the way it should be. Well, you are the rider and ultimately it will be your decision and really, it'll be your ass on that saddle for as long as you would ride that rig... Very Happy

Ted_Stormer
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by angelob Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:29 am

ATO wrote:
angelob wrote:

paps,

tsuri, RC2 system yung binabangit ko. im not sure kung pag RS is floodgate yun. kung wla nman im not sure kung sa iba is just the preload (spring or air).

anyway, it all bombs down to your preference, the discipline / riding style and of course the terrain you're going to ride on. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DH/freeride ka, XC ako, magkamukha lang yon di ba? lol!

Yung sa likod RP23, merong clicks. 4-6 clicks from fully open yata naka set yung akin.
angelob
angelob
Poser
Poser

Back to top Go down

Post by marcs Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 am

Sa RS, floodgate sets how much force is needed to activate the fork pag naka-lockout. Helpful pag long climbs especialy when you're hammering on the bike. Helps resist bob upfront. Rebound ng RS nasa baba. estimate na lang kung naka-ilang ikot na.

Tama si Ted_Stormer, it really boils down to testing your bike on different settings and being sensitive to how those settings affect your ride. Plano ko mag ride sa Fort trail today or maybe tom just to test out diff settings. At least closed circuit and pwede ka magpa-ikot ikot on the same familiar trail para makita mo talaga diff. I think a lot of riders don't bother too much with their settings, relying too much on rule of thumbs and then just accept that as that. I guess if you don't test your settings, you won't really realize if there's a better riding setup.
marcs
marcs
Shy type
Shy type

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://marco-cheenky.weddingannouncer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by evs Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:16 pm

maganda yan nagiging techy tayo s mga bike natin.. ganyan dapat.. ride on!!
evs
evs
Poser
Poser

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marcs Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:57 am

I just noticed, the 2010 RS models, may clicks na Smile
marcs
marcs